September 2, 2019 started the lifestyle change for me. My weight had become too much to bear both mentally and physically(as outlined in my first post) and now steps are being taken. Before we get to that, here are my main goals, and some ‘sub’-goals I have. First…the main goals:
- Have a waist and/or pant size of 40 or less or a weight loss of 150 lbs or greater
- Achieve a resting blood pressure of no higher than 130/90(I know, it’s still high, but it’s a family thing) without any medication
- no longer need cpap therapy
I think I’ll be adding more goals as I progress…but the sub goals I have are directly related to accomplishing the main goals, while being intermediate in difficulty but measurable in order to keep my brain right. As of now, I have the following:
- Stop relying on ibuprofen at night for my neck pain(current intake 400-800mg per night)
- Be able to sit in an airline seat without an extender
So, with this set of goals…I’m ready to go, but first, here are a list of treats I want when I hit certain goals! Help me by
50 lbs lost – new headshot for my social media, professional profile
75 lbs lost – Barry Jackson Photography session giveaway!
100 lbs lost – new suit
125 lbs lost – another giveaway!
150 lbs lost – taking the kids to six flags!
So with that here we go!
Way to go Barry!!! I know that you can do it!!!
Good luck Barry! I know these changes are not easy, but well worth it. You are very important to your family. You can do it!
[…] in my goals post for my weight loss journey, I mentioned that one of the goals would be a photo shoot for me when I lost 50 lbs! I did this […]